Twitter is where information is updated within seconds, especially in the information technology industry. Every day, tweets are sent out at up to 240 characters to share news and personal views as they happen.
We have rounded up the top 30 sysadmin twitter accounts that you need to follow based on the number of followers and popularity of their posts. Not everything on their accounts is about technology, but at least you will stay up to date with the always changing industry.
Here are the top 15 sysadmin influencers who rock the Twitterverse with their view on information technology, among other things:
- @briankrebs Independent investigative journalist. Writes about cybercrime. Author of ‘Spam Nation’, an NYT bestseller. Wrote for The Washington Post ’95-’09
- @gcluley Award-winning computer security expert, writer, and keynote speaker. Fighting cybercrime since the early 1990s. Co-host of the @SmashinSecurity podcast. Dr. Who fan obvs
- @troyhunt Pluralsight author. Microsoft Regional Director and MVP for Developer Security. Online security, technology and “The Cloud”. Creator of @haveibeenpwned.
- @schneierblog Bruce Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist and author. Described by The Economist as a “security guru”
- @lennyzeltser Advances in information security. Grows tech businesses. Fights malware. // VP of Products @MinervaLabs. Author and Instructor @SANSInstitute.
- @padmasree CEO @Nio_US Also love art, photography, Haiku and food 🙂 Passionate about helping women in tech
- @leolaporte Podcaster, broadcaster, and tech pundit. The Tech Guy on the Premiere Networks. Chief TWiT at https://t.co/twyEuIFARc
- @xychelsea Network Security Expert. Fmr. Intel Analyst. Former Prisoner. Trans Woman. Make powerful people angry. Tweets are own opinions. Pronouns: she/her #WeGotThis
- @zeynep Thinking about our tools, ourselves. @UNCSILS prof + @NYTimes writer. Newsletter: https://t.co/klJwJ6vkB5 Book: https://t.co/RmMouki39B
- @smurftopman Internet Security Researcher, Encryption Programmer, Software & Network Developer.
- @mikko CRO at F-Secure ● TED Speaker ● Revɘrse Engineer ● Supervillain
- @e_kaspersky CEO of #Kaspersky Lab. 28 years in #cybersecurity. Views are my own
- @fastpokemapcom Security researcher & Network Security Specialist. Part-time C/Node.JS developer.
- @svenwelzel I write code. I conceptualize. I consult… Happy thoughts!
- @SwiftonSecurity gets a notable mention because it’s a combination of security and Taylor Swift. What’s not to like?
We can get updates and more from individual influencers, but some companies have pretty impressive Twitter accounts as well. Here are our 15 favorite information technology companies who keep us informed.
- @pcmag Redefining technology news and reviews since 1982. Tweet at us with #PCMagPicks for product recommendations!
- @ciscosecurity “Security designed to work together.
Simplify security complexity. Keep business more secure. Make IT more productive.”
- @eset The Official Twitter account for ESET, the leading provider of security solutions for home computer & mobile phone users and for companies of all sizes.
- @kaspersky Kaspersky Lab is the world’s largest privately held vendor of Internet security solutions for businesses and consumers.
- @offsectraining The only performance-based Information Security Training, Certification and Ethical Hacking courses – from the Creators of Kali Linux.
- @infosecuritymag The only magazine dedicated to the strategy and technology of information security, delivering critical business and technical information for IT professionals.
- @nortononline Follow @NortonOnline for the latest news in cyber #security. For help, tweet @NortonSupport
- @cyber Likes, retweets, follows ≠ endorsements.
- @securityweek Internet and Enterprise Security News, Threats, Insights and Expert Analysis #SCADA #infosec Coverage
- @scmagazine The official Twitter feed for all things IT security. Like us on http://t.co/FjXz6RfGEC
- @kalilinux Occurred Official Twitter account for Kali Linux – Our most advanced penetration testing platform, ever. A project by Offensive Security.
- @msftsecurity The official Twitter handle for the Microsoft Secure team. Follow for news, updates, and much more. #MSSecure
- @imperva Imperva provides cybersecurity solutions to protect data and applications wherever they reside – in the cloud, on-premises, and in hybrid environments.
- @symantec Helping companies, governments, & individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives. Visit https://t.co/nqiZM2j1aw for #cybersecurity news
- @fireeye FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade #threatintel, and world-renowned @Mandiant consulting.