Direct Revenue Appoints Andrew Reiskind Chief Privacy Officer.
He has his work cut out for him. As Eric Howes notes:
Among the more onerous and objectionable practices currently associated with DR’s software are the fact that
* DR’s software is often illegally stealth-installed through security exploits
* DR’s software is often installed through ActiveX, drive-by-downloads that offer poor notice & disclosure
* DR’s software employs resuscitators to thwart the removal of its software
* DR’s software may arbitrarily remove other software from users’ PCs
* DR’s software provides no locally installed uninstaller (MyPCTuneUp doesn’t count as an uninstaller, even if an “Add/Remove Programs” entry points to it, because the MyPCTuneUp.com site is poorly disclosed to users, may not be accessible if a PC is severely infested with adware, and is reportedly unreliable in removing DR’s software.)