SMBs are increasingly aware of the cost savings and efficiencies they can gain by adopting cloud-based IT solutions. The Intel Hybrid Cloud enables GFI Software to take advantage of that rising demand and the recurring revenue it generates from subscription-based pricing.
According to IT research firm Gartner Inc., SMBs “typically have a smaller IT force, and gain significant leverage from the use of external cloud services. These factors have combined so that SMBs are taking the lead in adopting cloud computing for core revenue-producing and mission-critical systems …”1 Gartner also forecasts that “SMB cloud market revenue will exceed $30 billion by 2014; with the greatest demand coming from SMBs in North America…”2
“As more and more SMBs adopt cloud-based solutions to cut costs and streamline operations, GFI Software is evolving its own software delivery and pricing models to support them,” said Walter Scott, CEO of GFI Software. “For the cloud to successfully gain traction in the SMB market, it needs to be easy to deploy, cost effective, reliable and backed by a trusted industry leader. Intel is a name all SMBs know and respect. Participating in the Intel Hybrid Cloud program ensures GFI Software is well positioned to lead SMBs into the cloud.”
“Through the Hybrid Cloud, Intel is offering VARs and MSPs access to the core solutions a small business needs via a software-as-a-service model,” said Bridget Karlin, general manager, Intel Hybrid Cloud. “Whether it’s email, security, VoIP, an office productivity suite or accounting software, we’re creating a market place for SMB applications from industry solution providers like GFI Software. With the applications announced today, and more to be added in the coming months, GFI Software helps diversify and add a tremendous amount of depth to the Intel Hybrid Cloud offering.”
Transitioning SMBs to the Cloud
The Intel Hybrid Cloud is a subscription-based software delivery model providing locally hosted hardware and software on a pay-as-you-go basis. SMBs get all the benefits of services in the cloud with the peace of mind of maintaining their data on site.
The following GFI Software solutions are available through the Intel Hybrid Cloud:
- GFI VIPRE® Antivirus – Defends against viruses, adware, spyware, worms, rootkits, phishing attacks, malicious URLs and more without slowing down PCs
- GFI LANguard – Provides comprehensive monitoring, patch management for Microsoft and other popular software, vulnerability analysis, asset inventory and other services to ensure network security and compliance
- GFI EventsManager – Helps businesses meet a broad array of security, regulatory compliance, business continuity and e-discovery requirements by collecting, logging and analyzing events occurring on the network
- GFI EndPointSecurity – Prevents data loss and theft by controlling what devices access the network, blocking malicious or unauthorized software, and centrally monitoring the network for newly connected devices.
1. Gartner Research “Predicts 2011: Cloud Computing Is Still at the Peak of Inflated Expectations,” Nov. 22, 2010 2. Gartner Dataquest “Market Insight: SMB Cloud Services Require Comprehensive CSP Channel Strategies,” Dec. 6, 2010