Competition is now closed
Does Patch Tuesday make your heart beat rapidly? Do you get sweaty palms at the thought of new hardware shipments coming in? Do you have difficulty finding the words that accurately express how you feel about your 1-on-1 time with your Exchange server?
Brilliant, because that’s what we need to hear about in our Valentine’s Day Competition.
How to Enter
Write a short, simple ORIGINAL poem about the technology that gets your heart racing, and not necessarily in a good way! It can be dedicated to any technology that you like, so if, for example, virtualization is what gives you palpitations, write about it!
The poems must be no shorter than 2 lines, but can be as long as you want. It doesn’t need to be complicated, just fun.
Here are some examples to get you started (these are examples and cannot be used as entries in the competition).
- Exchange Server you are my life,
Although with you there’s lots of strife,
I’m so glad you’re not my wife!
- Patch Tuesday you drive me crazy
My life’s become all hazy
When you patch away all day
My mind begins to stray
But I know it’s cause you care
To keep me free of malware
You can be as creative as you want, however, all entries must abide by our Terms and Conditions (listed below) in order to be eligible for the competition.
All entries must be submitted in the comment form at the bottom of this blog post to be eligible to win the prize.
It’s an Apple iPad! Need we say more?!
The competition ends on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2011 at midnight CET.
Terms and Conditions
- Poems will be monitored and uploaded at our discretion.
- All entries must be in English.
- All entries must be original; no plagiarism.
- All submissions should adhere to the basic rules of decency and morality; any offensive or dubious entries will not be uploaded or considered.
- GFI Software employees & their families cannot take part in this competition
- Upon contacting the winner/s, if no reply is received within a week, GFI retains the right to choose another entry
- Whilst GFI does its utmost to ensure that all prizes are delivered in a timely fashion the company does not retain responsibility for any prizes that are lost/stolen in the mail
- GFI retains the right to cancel/change this or any promotion without notice
- GFI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Any incomplete or irrelevant entries; or entries that do not comply with the Terms and Conditions will not be eligible to win.
- Prizes are as described and cannot be substituted for cash