Ian Bugeja, Product Manager for GFI MailArchiver, talks about today’s release and what’s new in GFI MailArchiver.
Q: How do you feel about this new release?
I am very excited about this release. We have introduced some major requested features, particularly the role-based access. Now admins can give rights to the various GFI MailArchiver features based on the user’s responsibilities in the organization.
With the Archive Assistant importing emails is much easier for admins – they can import emails and clean up the exchange mailboxes within a few clicks. No more time spent collecting PSTs and manually exporting the PST files to import them in GFI MailArchiver or creating complex retention rules on Microsoft Exchange to clean up the mailboxes.
Q: What’s new in GFI MailArchiver 2013?
GFI MailArchiver now provides managers with the ability to better understand employee email habits and identify their email usage personality types.
Business intelligence and other valuable insights gleaned from email with GFI MailArchiver help managers evaluate job performance, boost productivity, and encourage efficient communications practices.
The latest version of GFI MailArchiver ranks workers according to who uses email the most often, who responds to emails the fastest, and who communicates with the greatest number of recipients. In addition, GFI MailArchiver now identifies top keywords that are frequently used and measures positive and negative email sentiment across the organization, providing managers with valuable insight into what is driving employee and customer email usage.
Q: What about the businesses that are already using the previous versions on GFI MailArchiver? Can these be upgraded?
Businesses using older versions of GFI MailArchiver can easily migrate to the latest version. We always make it a point to keep supporting older archive stores so all it takes is upgrading to GFI MailArchiver 2013 and migration will be done automatically – easy!
About GFI MailArchiver:
Accessible via any IMAP-enabled device, including Windows®, Apple OS X®, Linux, iOS and Android™ platforms, GFI MailArchiver 2013 enables companies to manage their email history all in one place, providing instant access at any time. It offers control, choice and flexibility in managing an organization’s most important source of information – its email history – along with powerful business intelligence capabilities through MailInsights, MailArchiver’s exclusive reporting module.
New features of GFI MailArchiver 2013 also include:
- Automatic and manual archiving capabilities direct from Microsoft Outlook®. This add-on can be used to automatically import old .pst files into the archive.
- Role-based functionality provides IT administrators with the flexibility and scalability needed to authorize individual users to access data, according to employee roles and business needs.
- A redesigned, single-view dashboard which enhances the ability of IT administrators to monitor storage and performance, making email even easier to manage.
- More powerful and intuitive searching capabilities, improving the user experience.
- Easy, first-time importing of old emails with initial setup.